Top Social

How to Handle Bill Payments like a Boss

Sunday, June 21, 2015

I admit how I sometimes forget to pay certain bills not because I don’t have money but because I forget that it is already the due date and/or I am too lazy to go to the bank and pay. (Considering that the bank is just an elevator ride away from our office.)

I lack the system to help me remember better when to pay my bills.

Again on my previous post I mentioned what stuffs I need to pay on a monthly basis. It helps that I don’t have that big responsibilities at the moment compared to others. I am blessed to have parents that plan for their future and inculcate basic financial knowledge to us, siblings. So a huge part of my bills are  personal expenses.



When I became obsessed in reading financial books I learned that there is a better way in planning bill payments. A technique that will not just save me time and effort but will also help me avoid paying unwanted penalties.

You can check my blog, On Budgeting categories to see the sample bills that one had to pay on a monthly basis.

Tips to Manage Your Bill Payment

1. List down all the bills that you need to pay and their corresponding due date.

2. Organize the bills based on due dates.

If you are paid bi-monthly then you might want to take note of the date that you will be paid. Now organize your upcoming bills based on the date that you have your salary. For example: My salary comes every 15th and 30th. So in the budget that I currently use I have For 1-15 and For 16 and end of the month. This means that all bills that needs to be paid from 1st-15th of the month will be coming from my Day 30th salary while the bills from 1-14 will be from my Day 15 salary alone.

To further visualize here is a picture of the current budget template that I use.

Take note that the details are sample only and for the purpose of letting you see the template.

3. Use a planner or calendar to track your bill payments.

Since you already determined what expenses comes to what date then you might put everything down on a planner/reminder or calendar. This may seem as matrabaho but once you make it as habit it will be way easier. You can also use your cellphone or tablet for this one.

4. Automate if you can.

There are bills that can be applied for online payments. I, for example applied automatic monthly billing for the two missionaries I support in Every Nation through BPI ExpressOnline. It is so much easier and all you have to do is make sure that your account has fund. I know Metrobank Direct also offers this kind of convenience on their customers. All you have to do is to enroll the bill that you need to pay.

5. Make it a habit to pay your bills on time.

Everybody loves a good payer. If you have a credit card then you pay on time and with the maximum amount needed in order to save more. Try paying on time using the above methods for the next 3 months and you’ll surely adapt to the process.

It is important to learn how to better pay for your bills because everybody loves who is a good payee. You also will gain much trust from the institutions you are accountable with and the person in around you. Bill payment can be a daunting task especially if you don’t have any process or system to organize everything. This post is highly dedicated to our busy moms out there and those who have been longing for a smart way to check their bill payments.

Hope you enjoyed this post.

What system do you use in planning for your bills?!

MORE FROM SAVINGSPINAY:

  1. Want More Money? Cutoff on These 6 Financial Traps!
  2. What Losing Weight can Teach you about Financial Management
  3. What is NAVPS?
  4. What is Peso-Cost Averaging Method?
  5. What is UITF Investment?
  6. Why You Must Know Your Financial Net Worth NOW!
  7. Wise-Thoughts for the Holiday Season
Be better in your finances. Save Now, Invest Now and walk your way to success. Sign up in my Email List and receive templates to get you started in your Financial Wealth. Follow me on Facebook and Twitter for better updates. Godbless
Post Comment
Post a Comment