Top Social

Personal Financial Habits That Can Make You Become Richer

Monday, November 9, 2015




Now that a new year is about to start many will most probably reflect on how 2015 went. I am not 100% happy with what I did this year. You may have read and visited my 2015 Personal and Financial Goals and still many of the items didn't push through READ: Mid-Year Update of My Personal and Financial Goals.


But it's a far better year than 2014 and this is something I have to be proud off. I can't wait to share to you my End of the Year Report and a whole lot more posts familiar as a new year begins.
Today, I'd like to focus on the word HABIT. According to dictionary habit is something that a person does often in a regular and repeated way. And there's so called Personal Financial Habits That Can Make You Become Richer.

Intrigued?

I guarantee that doing these personal finance habits will make you

  • Live Richer
  • Live Better and
  • Live in Financial Peace

If your goal is to be richer in 2016 then this post is for you. Share your thoughts in the comment section.

1. Track Your Spending

Learning this is something I am thankful so thankful. PinasforGood swear by this trick and I finally decided to do it. It's amazing. I can easily see where my money goes, to what items I spend more and to which I have to cut back. READ: DIY Spending Tracker

This personal finance habit will make you become richer because:

  • You will value your hard-earned money more
  • You will become more disciplined when it comes to your finances
  • You'll learn to make good financial decisions

2. Have a Spending Plan

I've talked about budget almost a hundred times but YES this habit will surely make you rich. If you have no idea how to start making a budget then just follow through these past posts I have created:


  1. MORE THINGS THAT RUIN MY SAVINGS... and again MAYBE YOURS TOO.
  2. BUDGET SERIES: THE ENVELOPE STYLE
  3. BUDGET SERIES: THE NOTEBOOK STYLE
  4. Budget Categories: A Basic Guide for Your Next Spending Plan!
  5. Do It Yourself Spending Tracker Notebook - New!
  6. How I Still Choose to Love Budgeting Even If It Doesn't Love Me Back
  7. How To Effectively Budget Your Money
  8. How to Create a Spending Plan
  9. Looking for Personal Finance Apps? These 4 Apps can be the Answer!
  10. The 50-20-30 Rule of Budgeting
  11. Things that RUIN my BUDGET (And Maybe YOURS Too)

This personal finance habit will make you richer because:


  • You'll have a concrete plan on how you spend your money
  • You'll surely avoid overspending
3. Invest at a Young Age

Ms. Mica Tan, CEO of MFT Group was just 13 years old when she started investing in stock market. I started at 19 via FAMI and will go direct before 2015 ends. Learning to invest at a young age will make such a big difference in your financial life.

The earlier you start investing, the more your money will grow. You will have more than enough once the harvest season begins.

This personal finance habit will make you rich because:

  • You'll make money work for you. Soon earning passive income all the way.
  • You'll learn that small amounts can lead grow in 10-20 years

4. Become Debt-Free

Before October ended I shared a SavingsPinay Series focusing on becoming debt-free. You see debt is an enemy and you have to make sure to deal with debt before it could ruin your financial life. If you are struggling or don't know where to start then please go to my last week's series of event to learn how you can be Debt-Free At Last in just five step/days.

This personal finance will make you rich because:

  • You won’t have negative money responsibilities
  • You can easily park your money to save or to invest

5. Live Below Your Means

This habit is definitely something I pray I have or I can easily develop. Live below your means. Your expenses should be not more than your earnings. You have to know how to separate your wants to your needs and make sure that you spend just the right amount for everything. Learn the habit of self-control before it’s too late.

This personal finance habit will make you rich because:

  • You can save a lot of pesos
  • You will learn the value of contentment

6. Set Goals and Commit to Them

Goal setting improves one's motivation in life. Who would not want to live inspired every day, right? If you want to achieve financial freedom then you need to learn how to set goals. I suggest creating a five year plan or perhaps do even a 10-year one. Now that its almost the end of the year its pretty much the best time to create your goals. 

Below are some goals you can include in your lists.
  1. Saving three months of monthly income for an emergency fund.
  2. Pay down debt
  3. Save up for a vacation or Start a Travel Fund
  4. Save enough for secured retirement
  5. A car by the age of "x"
This personal finance habit will make you rich because:
 

  • You will have a better perspective in life
  • You will learn the value of commitment
  • You'll slowly but surely achieve things.




7. Eager on Financial Knowledge


Reading books, attending seminars and experiencing other investment options can broaden your financial knowledge. Invest in at least one financial book a year you can easily get ideas in how to make your peso grow. Here are my Top Financial Books Recommendation.


This personal finance habit will make you rich because:

  • You can expand your knowledge
  • You will have a silent financial adviser/mentor in life

8. Manage Your Time Well

Time management means a lot if your after getting rich. Many blog posts and even books will reveal that the rich and successful have one common habit. They manage their time well. This is even the reason why I try my hardest to include productivity posts in SavingsPinay. I must say I struggle the most in getting to work early/ on time. My work performance is being judged because of this. Being late at work for like three to four times a week make me feel such a failure. I still have high hopes that I can manage my time well. I just have to fight for it.

This personal habit will make you rich because:
 

  • You can maximize your limited time
  • You can fast-track your progress in life

Post Comment
Post a Comment