Top Social

Why I Choose To Be a Financially Independent Pinay

Wednesday, October 5, 2016
This blog already moved to www.savingspinay.ph If you want the latest tips and stories on budget, savings, investments, productivity and making extra income go HERE instead.

Today I declare my choice to become a financially independent Pinay. I want to empower myself to learn, earn, save, invest and give on my own without dependence to my parents, any family members, friends, boyfriend (well I don't have one), partner or debt. I want a full control on where and how I spend my hard earned money without the need to ask permission to someone (or anyone). I am not being selfish... I am just choosing the road less traveled. 


I am taking the whole "financially independent Pinay" seriously. At 22, I want to build a stronger financial foundation that I can rely. I don't want to wait for a man to secure my finances. I want to do everything I could today and not waste the time, energy, resources I have thinking there'll be a man meant to be my provider.

Here's what I am thinking
  • I want to have money on my own.
  • I want to have a stable source of income other than "a job".
  • I want to have my own "personal savings". 
  • I want my own house and lot, car and retirement plans. 
  • I want to support my parents on my own means for what they truly deserve.
  • I want to buy my future boyfriend or spouse a gift or treat him using my own money.
  • I want to avoid the regret of not working, saving and investing enough to fulfill my own lifestyle. 
  • I want a future relationship without bitterness, dissatisfaction or discontent when it comes to money. 
  • I want to be entitled with my own right to control and decide when it comes to finances.
  • I want to be the sole architect of my financial future.
I have been blessed with the best parents ever. My father is a good provider while my mother is a hard-working. But now that they are both near the retirement age I often hear them talk about money regrets. My Mama in particular will share how she wished she saved "some money"  to use on her own someday. 

Imagine the struggle of asking your partner whether it's okey to buy this or buy that all the time. 

So my point in choosing to become a financially independent Pinay is simply because...I want to live a life where I am entitled to more than I can actually afford. I want to live a life where I can pursue a career of my choice and still get a grip on my finances. I want to live a life where I can easily give and share my blessings to others without worrying what will happen next to my funds. 

Here's How I Am Making It Happen...

Budgeting 

I have this on and off relationship to my budget but I realized how important a budget can be. Now that I am using the 50-20-30 Rule of Budgeting almost every month I was able to determine easily where my income goes. My spending habits changed a lot because I have limit myself to just 50% of my net salary for essential expenses and 30% for personal needs and wants. My savings grew because now I automatically save 20% of my net salary without excuses. 


Manage My Spending

I want to come clean and honest that I overspend most of the time. And so my approach is to undergo some managed spending. I set a daily allowance for my food and transportation to work. I set a budget for my toiletries, skincare and makeup buys etc. I set a day of the month to go shopping. It is all about proper management and accountability to your money.

Increase My Extra Income

If you read my SavingsPinay September Quick Recap and Income Report you'll know that I finally set some next actions on my current income streams. I know that there's more earning I could get if only I hustle thus I want to take every time and every opportunity I get to increase my extra income. 


Stay Out Of Debt

I am so fortunate to not be in any personal and/or credit card debt since the beginning. All my finances either goes to expenses, savings and/or investments. I plan to stay out of debt as long as I could. And if ever I be in debt in the future my goal is to be a wise payer. 


Final Notes From SavingsPinay:

Since the day this SavingsPinay started this blog has been an online diary of my financial journey towards financial independence. I have shared my plans, my actions and my realizations along the way. The road to becoming a financially independent Pinay is long and narrow. It is, if I must say, a life-long journey to be honest. My progress has been slow but today I want to make a declaration once and for all. I choose to be a financial independent Pinay and I am ready to do the steps that will make it happen. 

PS. I created today's post as a primer on the eBook that I'll be releasing before 2016 ends. One of my to do list before 2017 is provide a quality reading guide for every SavingsPinay reader. It would be FREE and will include far more pages and learning from last year's Making Your 2015 The Best Year Ever eBook

"How to Be A Financially Independent Pinay : A Step by Step Guide for Every Juana". Release date will be posted soon.


Do you want to be a financially independent Pinay too?

This blog already moved to www.savingspinay.ph If you want the latest tips and stories on budget, savings, investments, productivity and making extra income go HERE instead.
Post Comment
Post a Comment