Top Social

8 Tips To Have a Major Major Salary Increase

Tuesday, September 16, 2014



Earlier this month I received a great news from the HR Manager of the company where I am working. It was special news that I broke down and literally cried in front of her. i just can’t contain the happiness I felt. It was as if all of my efforts were acknowledged for the past six months.


I have a post before stating the reasons why I left the previous job of mine link here. Exactly 10 months now I believe I made the best decision ever with all the blessing that I am getting. The surprise statement by our HR Manager was indeed awesome. not only am I am regular employee now (all the incentives and benefits are now in my newly signed contract), I also got a major major salary increase! Yes, not just a major but a major, major! To give you a clue I got an immediate salary increase and additional accelerated increase. Now that’s double favor on my payout!


Today I’d like to share to you these 8 Working Principles that, in my opinion and experience, gave way for this major major salary increase to happen. Kindly follow SavingsPinay via RSS so that you can receive all updates straight from your inbox. If you have a Facebook which I doubt you don’t, you may check SavingPinay in this link. For Twitter, this link.


1. Build an excellent relationship with your workmates. Once the boss sees that you get along well with others in the working place, he’ll have an idea of your character. See to it that you engage in a conversation with others. Smile and don’t be shy to ask if there’s something that needed to be asked. Win their hearts and their trust so that good PR will be brought in your boss’ table


2. Meet your boss’ expectation. If you meet the expectations towards your job description not just by quantity but also by quality of work you offer, you will surely be rewarded. Bosses are after the how and not just the what when it comes to deciding for an increase. How well did the project tasked to you went?  How many clients have you brought successfully to the company? How productive are you at work?


3. Have the ability to work alone. Often the boss would want to hire someone who can work with minimal supervision. It will be nice to showcase your skills and abilities in a way that he will be assured that you can intelligently make decisions over the tasks that he delegated to you.


4. Show room for improvements. Do not limit yourself with what’s written in your job descriptions. Always allow new opportunities and room for improvements. Always ask where else you can improve. Do not live in mediocre but rather aim for excellence in whatever task you do.  


5. Acknowledge what your boss wants. Do the tasks that your boss pitched in to you and do it the way that he describes or specifies to be done. You may input you suggestions but see to it that you respect his orders no matter what. It doesn’t matter if you do your job what matters is that you are doing it in the right way as said by your superior. Even if you are working very hard for the work if its not something that your boss needed and wanted, your hard work might be put aside.


6. Inform your boss for the tasks completed. Sometimes we, as employees, may feel that our works are not acknowledged by the boss without even  realizing that it might be miscommunication. Don’t forget to inform the boss of what tasks you are working with or already done. In my experience, I send an email to the boss whenever I finish a document that he asked or was asked to me by other departments. I send an email as a FYI and A (For Your Information and Approval).


7. Be part of the company's solution. Strive to be a blessing in the company rather than a problem. Be present even when you lazy, just remember that you will only be working for 8 hours and even less with the breaks, lunch time and other time wasters happening. Treat that working hours as sacred as adding to your expertise.


If the above doesn’t work then my bonus tip will be this: 8. JUST DO YOUR JOB! If you know deep within your heart that you do your job well then trust me, the salary increase will happen!


I posted a status in my personal Facebook page thats says, “Talent means nothing without experience, humility and hard work.”  I believe that the epitomy if being a professional employee. Go to work for experience, be humble to build your network and be hard working for success. In the end if that salary increase is yours, it will be yours no matter what!

1 comment on "8 Tips To Have a Major Major Salary Increase"