Top Social

5 Reasons To Find Enjoyment in Your Daily Job

Friday, March 20, 2015

I guess one good thing that choosing to have a job rather than pursuing hosting as my main source of income is being with different people or different age groups and of different thinking in almost every day of my life. I learn from the people around and in return I try to be of help too for things that I know like beauty, finances and life in general.

One main concern that I got for the past year has been “ENJOYMENT”. What you are not happy anymore in your job?! How do you find happiness in your daily job?! How do you stay happy in what you do?!

Everyone faces a stage in their life that things seems to be out of place. Again I’ll go back with my post, Finding What You Want In Life. I hope you can spend time to read. Once we go to our productive years let’s say 20s to 40s we are much bombarded by the doubts whether we made the right decision in choosing our career path, in pursuing our passion or in how we’ll overcome the problems we are currently facing. I guess it is something inevitable. The questions… and the constant search for answers.

I belong to the 8-5 people… I work from 8pm to 5pm (actually 6pm but less 1 hour lunch time). There are even those who belong in 9-5 jobs and so on. Imagine how emotionally and mentally dissatisfying it is spending almost 30-45 hours a week doing the work and the extra 10 hours just to go back and forth to the company location.


I heard comments from fellow colleagues and those that I’ve been friends since high school that there were times when you just want to quit but you can’t quit for you don’t have enough savings, you don’t have any exit plan and the saddest part is no plan at all.

I ENJOY THE JOB THAT I DO. And I know the biggest factor is that I constantly think and appreciate the following facts:

1. My job is my only stable source of income. 

Yes I do events, yes I have other freelance sidelines and all but  come on, this job as a technical writer provides me stability. I know that just as long as I go to work and I do my job I’ll have something to withdraw in my payslip and budget for my expenses. I provides money for my necessities, for my financial goals, for my emergency fund and so on. Your job provides.

2. My job helps me gain experience.

If I haven’t pursued a job then I might have no experience in handling job interviews, interacting with different people, having a boss and so on. I also won’t be able to exercise my productivity by working early or by knowing how to strive for  a work life balance. As we all known, experience is the best teacher and I am very happy that I have known to be more adaptive with the current situation, deal with the pressure and so on. Your job gives you experience. 

3. My job led me to grow my network.

I never considered myself as a friendly person or someone who knows a lot of people but thanks to this job 55 more people were added in my network. It is nice to know a lot of people and to engage conversation with them. They became my professional life family. I truthfully get a lot of inspiration on what to write next because of them. Your job can open beneficial people for your network. 

4. My job let me look forward to the weekends.

I know this may sound odd but yes indeed, doing the job by Mondays-Friday for over a year now let me appreciate the weekends and let just look forward for the Saturday and Sunday. My hosting gigs has been weekends and from Monday to Friday I was grasping for activity to do meanwhile now that I am actually working on the weekdays everything went well for my weekends. I just have this ideal weekend for me when Saturday should be spent in blog, event and family while Sunday must be for God, personal and blog too. Your job can generate your ideal week.

5. My job let me be myself.

Every day is like an adventure. I love the  commute life, I love how the day to day job is. There are days when there are a lot of things to do and then there are those days that you don’t. Being on a job just lets you be yourself and know more about yourself such as your interests, your skills and your emotions. Your job can help you assess what you really want in life.

What Now?!

If  you are currently suffering from depression, wanting to quit or just not happy anymore then read the list above. Remember the very reasons why you are your job today.

Hope you love this post.

Be better in your finances. Save Now, Invest Now and walk your way to success. Sign up in my Email List and receive templates to get you started in your Financial Wealth. Follow me on Facebook and Twitter for better updates. Godbless
 
Post Comment
Post a Comment