Top Social

Women and Money (…and everything that comes in between)

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Happy Women’s Month!

Though not dubbed as a National Holiday, every March 8 is International Women’s day. It is the day reserved to recognized the role of the women in the society. It is traditionally celebrated for the whole month and different institutions make way to create an event or gathering that will further increase awareness of the special day.

I am proud to be a woman.
 
I guess one field that I am eager to emphasize women power will be in the field of business and finance. There is a need to further share the basics, explain the concepts and guide the application.

Why?!



1. The Gender Gap
It is true. Business and Finances has been historically male-dominated fields. This is because the rich history support male as stronger than women and so they can protect their possessions better. Same reason why monarchy has King as rulers while Queen’s main role is to bear the next ruler or in short to continue the royalty. If you pursue a career in finance as a woman you’ll probably find it way harder to be promoted. Hence, most financial companies have men in higher position faster than the women.
2. We as women feel the anxiety in making big financial decisions.
I realized that women feel much anxiety in terms of making financial decisions than the men. In the family, though women control the budget, women still need to depend on the husbands as to how and where the money will go. If you are applying for a job, how many women are courageous enough to talk about the salary and demand for a higher one?! Men tends to be more of a risk taker in their decisions while women will think more for we are afraid to commit a mistake and regret afterwards.
3. We as women have different “thinking” in terms of investing.
When I started to be obsessed in financial literacy I felt like I am digging my own hole. The more you learn how money works and how the realities of life is… the more I become afraid to take action. Thankfully, my goals became my guiding path in life. I pursued writing and documenting my financial journey as a common Pinay (SavinsgPinay) and everything really changed.It even opened my first financial decision ever! INVESTING IN MUTUAL FUNDS.
I realized after a year and a half of blogging and talking to other women who are inclined on financial knowledge, that as a woman, our views in investments are different than the males.
  • We make investment goals for long term.

We see investments for security and financial freedom for our family and our future family. Men can become competitive when it comes to investments so they focus on short-term investments instead.
  • We search for help more.

I noticed that I became more excited to learn the ins and outs of finance world. I reach for help from other financial blogs, financial books and financial mentors. I guess its because as women, we need to talk our hearts out and we need encouragements from others especially same gender, in the decision that we make. (In case you have no idea, I finally opened my time for financial consultation. If you have any concerns in terms of finances then you can email me at izzaglinofull@gmail.com I also encourage you to invest in your financial knowledge. Click HERE.
 Aim High, Pinay!
I believe that its time to really inculcate financial knowledge to everyone most especially to women. Now that we are celebrating the women’s man create your biggest financial decision ever. Celebrate your womanhood by taking action on your finances. you can either try any of the following homework/activities below:
1. Create your Monthly Budget
2. Know your financial net worth
3. Finish your first financial book
4. Have your first investment
5. Write your financial goals

Again, Happy Women’s Month!!!

Be better in your finances. Save Now, Invest Now and walk your way to success. Sign up in my Email List and receive templates to get you started in your Financial Wealth. Follow me on Facebook and Twitter for better updates. Godbles

Post Comment
Post a Comment