Top Social

Reasons Why I Quit My Job

Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Yesterday i rendered my last service to my previous job. I wanted to take the opportunity to work in a company thatw ill allow me to use my degree and allow me to have my benefits as an employee and I thank God that a great opportunity came to my way. I believe everything is in God's perfect timing. I believe and i trust His plans.

This post is a bit personal but i do feel the need to let those readers know certain reasons why someone will actually leave his/her job. These pointers were the thigs that i considered before filing my resignation letter a d before pursuing another job.

            - "I am not happy anymore"

I remember someone who says to me that when you are happy with what you do it will never work for you. And these past few weeks i am becoming a sadder employee. The sadness lies witht he managment and the treatment tow hich i would want to be confidential. At some point havingg a foreigner boss means you have toa djustw ith the culture differences and the adjustments were also a bit hard and it took me three months to fully understand why things in the office happens. I also don't feel anymore working in a company that lives in fear. When the boss is there everybody became in panick and personally, i do feel it is not healthy to continue with that said situation.

            - "I am not fit for the job itself"

This past few weeks since one of the staff where pulled out i actually handled most of his works. This means i am not becoming a writer anymore but more of an office staff. I finished Journalism and i wanted to use my degree and take the opportunity to find a job that will allow me to use what i learned. I do feel that someone with a business administration background is what really fits the said position and to that i know that as an individual i will not grow in the company anymore. I am doing a job that i am not fit for and that i feel degraded rather than awarded. This is again my personal thoughts.

            - "I am not an employee"

I know this confuses you but this is what my situation is becoming. I don't have a contract, a company ID, SSS benefits, Philhealth and so on. We also don't do payrolls and honestly the minimum wage is quiet depressing for a graduate like me (personal feeling again) and there are times that wages were delayed. You get paid when you come to work and you don't get paid on Philippine holidays. The work is six times a week and nine hours a day and imagine doing it weekly and knowing that what you do is not what you are actually meant to do. 

So when an offer came to me i immediately grab it for no matterw what these reasons are more reasonable than the one that makes me doubt and stay which is the coworkers who means family to me. 

I know we all have to learn to let go and let God and i am thankful for the experience. It is a roller coaster ride and i enjoyed riding the ride BUT A BETTER ROLLER COASTER came and now i must see what tomorrow will bring to me. 

Thank you for readingt this post and i will update everyone in this journey. I might also do work related blog entries and how to apply and so on. I will give you insights.

PS. My new job is a content writer in a BPO company in Makati City. And the offer is above minimum. It is actually double to what i earn in the previous office job.

I thank God for everything and i trust God for this new journey.
Post Comment
Post a Comment