Top Social

Confessions of a Personal Finance Blogger

Monday, June 6, 2016

I started SavingsPinay without any expectations at all. I was fresh out of college and adjusting on the professional world which means making a lot of financial decisions here and there. I thought it would be nice to start a blog that focuses on personal finance same with my then beauty blog, IzzaGlino.

At first I was just sharing simple posts like How to Apply for BPI MS Travel Insurance and How to Apply for BPI Express then I published a post that became quiet famous, So I Entered The BPI PIN Wrong Thrice. Today that post has been viewed almost 16,000++ already.

I realized how a single post can give value to people. I received comments thanking me because I helped them resolve a thrice PIN failure. Slowly I widen my knowledge through reading financial books and blogs. From there I started creating better content for SavingsPinay.



Fast forward today, SavingsPinay has been viewed by 130,000++ strangers. It is double the size of the page views on my other blog which I started earlier. I've been blogging about budget, savings, investments and other money matters for almost two years now and so far so good.

But the life of a personal finance blogger is not all about glory. I also screw up. I am a living mess when it comes to my finances. I made a lot of mistakes here and there. And even though I am afraid to confess my flaws---afraid that I'll lose you as my readers, I thought it will be nice to set the story straight.
In today's personal post Monday I want to share with you my readers, my financial buddies and my accountability partners the truth. Below are things I want to confess to you and hope for your kind understanding. Ready?

I don't follow my budget

Yes you've read countless of posts in my blog about budgeting but I will be 100% honest to say that I fail to follow my budget. I always have these things that ruin my budget even I try hard not to. I shop impulsively. I easily get distracted on discounts, buy 1 take 1 and other sale announcement specially on the area of makeup.

I don't meet my saving goals

Due to lack of budgeting on my part I stopped meeting my monthly saving goals. The 52-Week Money Challenge is now on hold and I have to wait for hosting gigs to make it up on my savings. See how bad of a personal finance enthusiasts am I? As much as I want to follow the golden rule of Savings - Income = Expenses I still fell short of my will. I do the exact opposite. 

I procrastinate a lot

I think this isn't new anymore. I've been very honest that I'm a big procrastinator. My life is summed up in the phrase One Step Forward, Two Steps Back. I have plenty of ideas in mind but I procrastinate on the execution. If only I can be more mindful on what's important.

I am hard on myself

People close to me knows how I can be hard on myself. I don't get contented. I always feel like I have to work harder, I have to achieve more and I have to give more efforts in what I do. It is hard for me to accept compliments from others because I always feel like I don't deserve them. In return I also find it hard to give compliments to people.

I am full of insecurities

People think I so strong, that I am the type who doesn't need any help from others. But inside I am a shattered glass. I have tons of insecurities that I can't mention to anyone. I stumble upon the feeling of jealousy and envious when people's attention are concentrated on a particular person. I always long for people to notice me... to love me. 

I don't know if after the things I said you'll still read this blog. I am working hard to get my personal and financial life in order. It feels awesome to finally say to you how I really feel at the moment.

Thank you for reading.
MORE POSTS TO READ:
Post Comment
Post a Comment