Top Social

Saving Tips for Those who are Living from Paycheck to Paycheck

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Living from paycheck to paycheck is not something new for an ordinary employee. I experienced this back in my previous job due to uncontrollable expenses. You’ll have your sweldo by 15th and by 28th or 29th you need your next paycheck already or else you have no means to provide for your expenses needs anymore.

This experience had taught me valuable lessons that helped me to financially recover. On the current job that I have I became wiser and better in terms of money management. That I owe for the failure that I once suffered.


Below are actionable items that you can do today and will definitely reverse your current financial dilemma 101%.



1. Study Your Paycheck

I created a whole post about this that you read HERE. What I basically want to teach you is to be much more knowledgeable in what’s written in your paycheck. This is important mainly because you have an idea on how your “sweldo” is computed. You will have a basis on ruling the paycheck to paycheck status.

2. Save what you can immediately.
 
We humans are  great in procrastinating. We tend to save later with different excuses that are just unbearable. Even if all you have is 20pesos a day that could make a huge difference after a year. Save what you can immediately. When the money in your payroll account comes then keep an amount to  save and live withdraw only what you will be needing for the next 15 days. This attitude will surprise you with a big savings after a year or two.

3. Spend Wisely

There are little stuff we consume that could have been a big source of a savings fund. For example vices such as cigarette and alcoholic drinks. If only you stop then you could probably be a millionaire in 20-30 years after investing it in an investment vehicles that give high interest rate. Remember that every piso counts. No matter how big or how small the purchase is it is still an amount that went out of your kaban.

4. Aim for extra income.
 
Work harder or have a second job just as long as your first job and your health do not suffer. Increasing your cash flow is just the most successful way for you to have extra money to save. Check my 15 Smart Ways to Earn Extra Income post.

5. Stick to a budget.

I have tons of posts about budgeting and it is just a classic way to help you find a balance in between how your monthly sweldo will go. Keep your budget categories ready and estimate how much you will be spending for each. If it turns out that your income is not enough for the total of your expenses for the said period then cutback. Maybe there are budget categories that you can spend lesser.
 
6. Avoid Using Credit Card

If you really want to save and to get out of your current financial situation then you need to stop using your credit and/or getting in debt more. Leave your credit card at home or select a date in your calendar when you’ll do your shopping. Also make sure that you know how to take good care of your credit card accounts. Do not purchase an item  that is priced higher than your monthly income for you will surely be in debt more.

7. Do not think of Salary Loans as  quick options.

Most employees will apply for a loan without even thinking first for their decision. The worse case is that they apply the loan not for emergency purposes but just because they have to pay a credit or need to buy something. Take a loan if and only if needed.

8. Refrain from borrowing money.

When you borrow money you are not just asking for an amount but you are actually having a responsibility to the person you borrowed to. This means that even if you paid your dues properly, the "utang na loob nung nangangailangan ka" will surely haunt you in the future.

As employees, we need to be really responsible in how we manage our money. It won't always be a shiny season. There will be times na mauubusan ka ng pera sa wallet so we need to be prepared. Just like how ants work hard and store their food in case an unexpected disaster happens, we must also entitle ourselves with financial responsibilities we can pass on to our future children.

MORE POSTS:
  1. My 20-something panic!!!
  2. My 2014 Planner
  3. My BPI Direct Save-Up Automatic Savings + Insurance has arrived
  4. My BPI Express Credit Card
  5. My BPI Save Up plus Insurance Update!!!
  6. My Financial and Personal Goals before 2013 ends
  7. My First Year Anniversary working in Makati
  8. My Life, My Job, My Career and the 6 Success Tips that Helped Me
  9. My Money Principles
  10. My Money Resoutions
Be better in your finances. Save Now, Invest Now and walk your way to success. Sign up in my Email List and receive templates to get you started in your Financial Wealth. Follow me on Facebook and Twitter for better updates. Godbless
Post Comment
Post a Comment