Top Social

Day 5 of 14 Day Productive Living Program On Productivity Tools and a Peak on the Tools that I Use

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Welcome to Day 5 of the 14 Day Productive Living Program


The path of productive living is not just about the right attitude but also using the right tools. Tools that improve productivity is a huge gift for any person especially in the modern world.

Before I move on to the "tools" that I personally use in my productivity system I would love to remind everyone that tools differ from person to person. There are people who'll use apps more than paper and pen and vice versa. Take time to know what tool best suit your productivity needs.


Day 5 Tools You Need to Start Living Productively
Ever since I was young I am very much in love with the topic of productivity and time management. I love the idea of achieving something maybe because of the fact that my language of love is recognition. It gives me an awesome sense of happiness knowing that something done. 


Tools that could help you in living Productively

Pen and paper. Our mind is filled with different ideas every time and it is important to always have a brain dump. Whatever it is that comes in your mind from events to attend to, tasks to accomplish and notes to remember, put it down to paper so that you'll have a better chance on remembering the said items. I find beneficial to keep a pen and paper wherever I go because my thoughts get to be very random all the time. To further a customize you might want to try using a colored ballpens and color coordinate your writings.

Calendar. I am in love with monthly calendar specially those that has squares to write on. You can put down the events that you have to attend and time they will occur. You can also mark the holidays so that you can plan your travels better. Write the dates for birthdays of your loved ones so you'll know when to greet them of to prepare a gift for them. You can also tag on the monthly calendar your bigger projects. Read How to Plan Your Month.

Post its. Post its comes very handy to me whenever I have an urgent task at work. I love puttin them on post its and pasting on the side of my wall. This gives me a clear picture of what needs to be done. You can also use the post its for your grocery lists or shopping list perhaps.I also love collecting different sizes and kinds of post its because they are just so cute and pretty.

Timer. Though I only use the app on my Ipad, still a timer works best for someone like me who needs a lot of things to get done on a daily basis. I a love doing the 80-20 method wherein I write contents during the 80 minutes period without any distraction at all and take a 20 minute break after. I know others who uses the 50-10 method with the same direction. Setting a timer gives you a better chance of achieving the task on time.

MP3 Player. Or just anything that could blast off some music. Music gives such a great motivation t be productive. Create a playlist that you could always depend when you needed that extra boost. Most of the time I listen to Sia's sings like Chandelier and Elastic Heart and also to inspirational songs from Hillsong United. I also love playing with my Ukulele when I take some break to further enhance my skills in the said instrument.

Productivity Tools that I Use

The productivity tools that I mentioned above are my beginner’s must haves list. I use them too in my over all productivity system but if you want some additional inspirations that you could add in your own productivity system then here are what I use currently.

  • Planner. I have always secured a planner every year because I am very much inspired with those who uses their planner well. Read What's in My 2014 Planner. This 2015 I am using a new planner style that I just found out and I am living it so much. It is the Bullet Journal. I love this analog note taking because it keeps me organize and productive at the same time. It is very easy to use too. I plan to post an in depth page by page walkthrough soon.

    I'll post a walkthrough soon..,


  • Editorial Calendar. As a blogger of multiple sites, using a blog planner is important for me. I keep this to write down my content ideas and also to schedule what video to film and to upload or what post must come first. I also color code my Editorial Calendar depending on the site to filter out everything. 

  • Colored Gel Pens, Post its and Other Design materials. To spice up my bullet journal I use colored gel pens that I bought as a set. This is the easiest way that I design my planner. I also like to keep them in one place so that I don’t end up missing the. I buy my design materials like washi tapes and alike at Landmarks. Most posts about this will be on my other blog soon.
  • Google Drive and Google Docs.. I have the app on my Ipad which lets me write contents at any time and at any location. It is also easier for me to store all of my contents in this drive and just kind of sort it per category. I write almost all of my contents in Google Docs and store them in the Google Drive. You’ll have a big storage for just creating a Gmail account which is so amazing.
     
    Maybe a What's in my Ipad Mini video soon?!

  • Sworkit, Seven and Ab Workout. When I heard the benefits of a good workout to keep yourself productive I knew I have to start amplifying my exercise. I immediately searched for free apps to help with this. Sworkit, Seven and Ab Workout stood out as the best trio that just gives me the boost of energy in the morning. Nowadays, spending a good 15 minutes has been very important for specially in the morning. It keeps me awake and ready for the day.

  • Feedly. I love reading blogs so Feedly is the best tool for me to be updated on the contents of my favorite blogs. I keep the people I add on my Reader’s List to a minimum number and to my favorites only. This is a lt easier to maintain than going to the browser and opening every blog.

  • Pinterest. I know that this is a type of social media and it may seem odd adding this to my productivity tools but since I got obsessed in Pinterest I found some useful things to do with it. This is my great source of content ideas. I just search one keyword and the results wow me every time. I love Pinterest so much for it is like a big visual encyclopedia. Every topic that you need to learn about is in here.
  • SingleHop Clean Computer Calendar.
    • SingleHop Clean Computer Calendar. I tend to mess with my computer a lot especially with my PC at work so when SingleHop came up with a clean computer calendar that I could use and share to my readers, I said yes. A clean computer amplifies your productivity to the highest power. With this I can just set a system for my documents especially my photos and videos. Each week gives a quick outline of how to get a clean computer. Week 1 organizes your files. Week 2 prioritizes your files. Week 3 archives your files and encourages you to look into private cloud hosting and other more traditional storage options. Easily download the calendar below!!! Just right click and choose save image as."



I hope you enjoyed this 5th installment of the 14 Day Productive Living Program. Do you use the same tools as mentioned above?
Post Comment
Post a Comment