Top Social

Day 10 Productive Living for Bloggers

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Welcome to Day 10 of 14 Day Productive Living Program!


When I decided to pursue blogging, my goal was to simply share my story. Little did I know that blogging will be so addicting. At the moment I am maintaining four blogs and really learning step by step to be efficient and productive. Of course I have my share of failures like times when I cannot create a great blog post or I miss posting content that have is already scheduled.

Recap of the past lessons:


Day 4 - How to Plan for Your Day

Day 6 - Productive Living for Students 
Day 7 - Productive Living for Career Women
Day 8 - Productive Living for Busy Moms
Day 9 - Productive Living for Entrepreneurs


Day 10 Productive Living for Bloggers

Productivity for bloggers is an on going process. There will be a lot of distraction along the way that you should be prepared to combat. If you haven’t started creating a blog yet then I had a full post on How to Start a Blog in my IzzaGlino. Just click the link and the step by step tutorial will show.


From the almost year and a half blogging, here are some of best productivity tips that I have used and worked tremendously in my daily blog life.

  1. Brain Dump.  
    I have talked so much about brain dump and I can’t emphasize how ideal it is be for a person to write down his/her thoughts as a habit. When you do a daily brain dump either via pen and paper or an smart app, you are refreshing your mind. This opens up for new ideas and when you schedule the said ideas as tasks, they will be easier to get done. 

  2. Create a To Do List.  
    Bigger projects can be filtered down via good to do list. Make sure that you are prioritizing what needs to be prioritized and those tasks that will make your blog be better. Common tasks of a blogger includes writing content, generating images, layouting, publishing posts and marketing on social media. 

  3. Find Time to Do Your Tasks. 
    Choosing a blogger’s life means spending time with tasks that will be daunting for you. There will be a day when your hours are too short and you feel like you needed more time to process everything. The key is finding time in everything. You need to have a focused mind that could just be in sync with your tasks. 

  4. Know you Prime Times. 
    Prime Times refer to time in the day when you are at your peak, You feel energetic, productive and efficient and everything just gets done. My prime time has always been in between 8am-10am, 3pm to 5pm and 9pm to 11pm. This means most of my hard tasks are dedicated on the said prime time blocks. 

  5. Identify how frequent you will publish a blog post. 
    It doesn’t matter whether you choose to post on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. The biggest factor is for you to show consistency in your blog. Your readers will surely have an idea when to expect a content if you are consistent with your posting schedule. This will also help you find time to generate a content better.

  6. Strive for a work and life balance.  
    Know the margin that stays in between your work and your life as a blogger. For me the most productive blogger is a blogger who have perfected the right amount of balance in his/her time for every areas that are important in his/her life. 

  7. Create Routines and Systems that will work for your betterment. 
    If there is a way to lessen the burden of the task then do it. I recently stumble upon IFTTT and I love it so much. It is an app that creates so many automated tasks that help me a lot as a blogger. To read the other tools that I use then check Day 5 of the 14 Day Productive Living Program.

  8. Read, Research, Read. 
    You need to be filled with a lot of fresh ideas to spice up your blog. Your mind can never be emptied for what needs to get done. Reading other blogs even for just 30 minutes a day will surely help you big time in generating new content ideas. I use Feedly as a free tool that lets me read lots of blogs and I love it. It has a a lot of good features too that could be helpful to you. If you have a Feedly app already then just add www.savingspinay.blogspot.com for you to generate feeds from me.

I love it when I get things done as a blogger. It is always a positive remark knowing that I add value through writing with my blog. I believe everyone should own a blog as it is the most therapeutic hobby ever.

Post Comment
Post a Comment