Top Social

Day 14 Perfect To Do List

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Welcome to Day 14 of the 14 Day Productive Living Program!

Long ago I posted about Reengineering Your To do List to Perfection. It was one post that I am so proud of because it had helped people knowing how important a To do list and how it can help you sort out the bigger rocks in your life. 



Day 0 - Pushing the RESTART Button of Your Life
Day 4 - How to Plan for Your Day

Day 6 - Productive Living for Students 
Day 7 - Productive Living for Career Women
Day 8 - Productive Living for Busy Moms
Day 9 - Productive Living for Entrepreneurs 
Day 10- Productive Living for Bloggers 
Day 11- Productive Living for the Faithfuls 
Day 12- Productive Living for a New You


A To do list for me is far more than just a list of tasks. And with all the facts that I shared over my previous post on the same topic, today I'd like to welcome some updates and some other tips that could make your to do list work for you and not against you.

Here are some things that I do with my To do List

1. I make sure I have specific goals for the day. My goals more often than not involved my blog but manage to incorporate my work and my life too.

2. I don't overdo my daily to do lists. There are those who will write tons of to do lists like 20-25 and if I were that person I will feel more overwhelmed than inspired. That's why I highly suggest keeping a good 7-10 tasks only for a single day and select the Top 3 Most Important Things.

3. Top 3 MITs or Most Important Tasks of the Day. These tasks are crucial tasks that measure my productivity. This are tasks that will bring me closer in achieving my goals. Sometimes I write 3 blog posts for SavingsPinay or do a Newsletter or respond to private messages on my Youtube channel.

4. I have an indicator when I successfully done the task, when I migrated the task of when I failed to do the tasks. This gives me an idea on how much I've done in a day. It is also much easier to know which tasks I still have to do whenever I have my weekly review.

5. I don't miss a day not have a to do list. I fell so much in love with the idea of to do list. I always do a to do list on every big projects that I create. Since I am an over achiever, maintaining a to do list give me the benefit of knowing my next actions.

When a To Do List becomes a Success

Whenever you have dominated your tasks with success then you should celebrate. A little celebrate like 30 minutes free of watching Youtube videos or eating an ice cream. Simple rewards could mean a lot in a long run because you are giving yourself a pure motivation for the hardwork.

When a To Do becomes a Failure

Lots of times I had my to do list ready but I just can't have the motivation to act on them. I fail. And fail really hard. There are even those moments when I feel the regret if not being productive. If your to do list becomes a fail then remember that there is no contemplation. All you have to do is to start over. I know that starting over may seem harder than it sounds but remember what I told on Day 1 of this Productive Living Program. You have to Push the Restart Button of Your Life.

More Tips

  • Set a deadline with your tasks. Keeping deadline will help you prioritize more.
  • It doesn't matter how little the task is. As long as the task is actionable write it. It must be an answer for your goals.
  • Let it flow. Just do a brain dump once in awhile.
  • Get up if you fail. Incomplete tasks shouldn't crush your confidence but rather set as your inspiration to do better next time.
  • Strive to be a better version of yourself. Everyday is another chance to do good. Let your inner self shine.

To those who have enjoyed this very first e-Course thank you so much. I believe productivity is a much broader topic and there sure are a lot of lessons I still need to learn, to research and to write about. Don't forget to subscribe to my blog and become updated via Facebook, Twitter and RSS.
Post Comment
Post a Comment