Top Social

Day 9 Productive Living for Entrepreneurs

Monday, February 9, 2015

Welcome to Day 9 of the 14 Day Productive Living Program!
I remember even when I was just in grade school I will always have this "entrepreneur spirit". 
I love developing ideas in my mind and turning them into business. If you'll read again my post on How To Earn Money before 20 then you'll know some of the things that I  did before. I also created my own event business because I knew that I have the talent and potential to do so.

Read our past lessons:

Day 4 - How to Plan for Your Day

Day 6 - Productive Living for Students 
Day 7 - Productive Living for Career Women
Day 8 - Productive Living for Busy Moms


Becoming an entrepreneur or just having an entrepreneur mind-set is important as it is something that most of us, Filipinos, lack. We feel like right after school we need to find a job instead of thinking that we need to  build a business. There is no hope that one will be super rich by just becoming an employee all his life. You need to strive on becoming a businessman someday.
Productivity Apps for Entrepreneurs!
Thankfully there will always be an app to help us in dealing with our day to day problems as entrepreneur. Applications on your smartphone, tablet or devices serve as a way to simplify that hard process of deciding for your business, managing your staff and  just maintaining the positivity on the path you are currently taking. Hope the following apps ring a bell for you.


  1. Google Drive. I’ve shared this tool on Day 5 of the 14 Day Productive Living Program entitled Tools You Need to Start Living Productively. Google Drive just solves all of your needs as an entrepreneur whether you are start up or not. It has big space for all the documents that you need. You can easily collocate Google Docs and create new spreadsheets, word documents and presentations. Your Gmail is just a click away too so is your Google+ account. I also love the Templates feature where I can easily search of a nice template to use for my document need.
  2. Evernote. As an entrepreneur you may find yourself handling meetings left and right and of course you need to take down notes too. Evernote can simplify the task for you as it functions as an electronic notebook to capture everything and just anything under the sun. You can add photos, videos, article you’ve read, PDF files and so on and so forth.
  3. OnePassword. As an entrepreneur, you’ll definitely handle a lot of online accounts which require you to remember tons of passwords. OnePassword is the app that generates password for you, remember it for you and make it so much secured that you have less worries at all. This is cloud managed so you won’t have any problem where your passwords are stored. This could help you specially in handling e-banking for online payments, deliveries and so on and so forth.
  4. Calendar. Everything just needs to be scheduled nowadays. The best way to do this is to generate a Calendar App that works best for your need. A Calendar App organizes how your day will be.
  5. Skype. I never thought how useful Skype ever not when I downloaded the app on my PC and start communicating with my office mate and even my event staff online. It is a simple and cheap way to have a clear conversation with someone from anywhere at anytime.
  6. Podcast. Listening to podcast has been just a big part of my everyday life. I went crazy over episodes on This is Your Life by Michael Hyatt. I also enjoyed listening to other business podcasts as well as productivity podcast. What I love about listening to podcasts is I can do “not that brainy” tasks such as editing photos, layout written blog posts and so and so forth while listening.
  7. Sworkit. One app that I am just loving is Sworkit. It’s a free app that helps you in building a workout routine. You can choose whether Strength, Cardio, Yoga or Stretching and under the said categories are sub categories you can follow. I love how spending just 5 minutes on the said workout routine can change my day. As an entrepreneur, your business also depends on your health so it is essential to just process how you can be in share as always. 

5 Timeless Productivity Tips for Entrepreneurs

  • Use your time wisely. Plan just how your day will be so it could align your week, month and year on a much better state. Make time for the most important things in your life.
  • Set a meeting only when needed. If it is something that could be resolved through Email or quick chat then do it. Do not set a meeting with your employees unprepared. Have a detailed outline on what your agenda is and the outcome that you are expecting.
  • Be punctual. Set a good example on your staffs and you’ll sure to find yourself surrounded by loyal people. It is important to let your people know that you are leading the right way. As the saying goes, a good leader is a good follower.
  • Be a good listener. You need to let the communication around the office as open as possible so try to become a good listener. Understand what your staff needs, their requests and their views on the policies that you implement. It is also important to let the criticisms flow as good critique rather than  misinterpreting others’ opinions.
  • Read and Learn. It is as always nice to be open with new learning specifically from other entrepreneurs in your own field. You get different ideas and ways to grow your business plus you can add on your network of people.


Whether you own a physical business, an online shop or a business at home, I hope this post will enlighten you in the different tools and tips that you can adopt to make your life simpler as always. Choosing to be an entrepreneur is one of the best decision one can do.

Post Comment
Post a Comment