Top Social

How to Wait Productively

Tuesday, December 9, 2014


We hate waiting------at least me and the people I’ve come to know. Waiting is an absolute waste of time and is a test of character.


Back when I was still a student, I had experienced suffering from long lines just to get either my books, my Form 137 Card or even my class registration. The moments are still fresh in my memory. How hot the weather is during the said season, how I will put myself to hunger so that my position won’t be destroyed and how I will notice a lot of unfair cutting of the lines from people whom you have no idea who.

Wait! Wait! Wait!

Wait in the online dictionary is described as to stay in a fixed position or a moment until something else occurs. We may be waiting for someone to come up on the set day, time and location or, you may be waiting in line to order your cup of espresso, whatever it is that keeps you in your place is waiting.

Can We Wait Productively?

Though waiting can be dubbed as a silent Time-Waster, it is the easiest time-waster to deal with and YES, it is possible to wait productively. The next time you find yourself caught into “WAITING” then why not do these simple yet doable actions that will keep you “PRODUCTIVE”.”


1. Take a note of your day’s Highlight. When I introduced this on my planner I was so happy with the result. I take down my day’\s highlight whether it’s a free lunch from a workmate or when I see my crush on the way to work. This gives me an added motivation and helps me remember the day.
2. Compose An Email. If you are a blogger you’ll understand how an email is important to keep your blog active. As much as I can I love to compose an email for questions and blog comments I receive. This is my way of managing my multiple blogs effectively.

3. Scan a report or your take home notes. If you are a student, you may have once in your school life have a thick photocopy of the lessons for the rest of the semester. (Agree?!) Why not instead of staring blankly outside the window, bring it out and scan for terms and definitions that may help you in the future. Don’t forget to highlight!

4. Call your Mom, Dad, Wife or even a Client. If you can spare minutes on your waiting period and more so money for the load then call someone close to you or a client of your business to simply say “hi” and ask about their day. This maybe simple but a very worth it gesture that your love one will surely appreciate.

5. Update your Calendar and To Do List. This will help you be in track on how your coming week will progress. This should take only 5-10 minutes of your precious time so why not include it for your productive tool.

6. Have A True Break. Sometimes keeping your mind free from all the stress of work starts by simply emptying your mind and soul. Try to have a real break while you wait wherein you just let your thoughts fly away.

7. Go for God’s words. Either read a verse from your physical Bible or online Bible app and meditate on God’s words. This is a no-fail productive habit as you wait that will keeps you motivated all throughout.


As mentioned above, Productive Waiting is possible as long as you have the drive to do so. You can’t just let WAITING eat your precious time but rather let it be your new way of maximizing your time management.
Post Comment
Post a Comment