Top Social

My Money Resoutions

Monday, December 15, 2014

Now that 2015 is fast approaching I am very much looking forward for a fresh start. Though 2014 has been a great year, I admit that I have some financial mistakes. I did made a post on things that ruin my budget that you could read here and here.






So I thought doing a list of Money Resolutions could be a nice idea. The goal of these Money Resolutions is for me to be able to save more money for the next year. These are money matters that I want to resolve so that 2015 will be much better.


1. Track my expenses in a notebook. I tried to do this once when I learned baout this technique through PinasforGood but sadly I failed. I keep on missing the right time to list what I bought and/or paid for. But I do believe this is important so for 2015 I want to dedicate a notebook to write down my "OUT" Cashflow. This way I have a better knwoeldge on what is happening to my money.

2. Put all my coins at the end of the day in a Piggy Bank. I did this on 2013 and it was a great financial tip. I believe I got almost 2,100++ just with the coins collected alone. What I did was all of my coins went to the piggy bank from change when I commute and also change when I buy food. Just all of my accumulated coins at the end of the day.
3. Commit to my budget. I always fail with this one but I still have high hopes that I can do it for 2015.It is very hard especially if the urges are there to buy a new makeup or to eat what I've been craving for but hopefully I can make it.
I got a few tips from other blogs that I read and one that stood out is from Sir Leo of Zen habits. His tip is to write down that "thing" that you ant to buy in a notebook and if after 30 days you still have that intent to buy it, do it. But if after 30 days the  urge is gone then maybe you really don't need that at all.

4. Check my Paycheck. I'll be honest enough to admit that when it's payday I just get my money in the Payroll ATM and don't mind anymore what's written on the paycheck.

I have no idea on how much I have o my SSS, Philhealth and even my Overtime and Undertime. So for 2015, I want to be more mindful in checking my paycheck and to see the changes happening. Plus the total taxes due to this active income of mine.

5. Save unexpected income. The major major increase I got should have been part of my FAMI investment but instead I bought a laptop (since my laptop has been 6 months broken) through my sister's credit card so I have an additional 2,200pesos expenses every month!

Also my event business has becoming part of my active income when I intended it to be for my Emergency Fund. I procrastinate going to the bank (which is by the way just on the Ground Floor of where I am working) so I tend to use that money reserved for my BPI Emergency Fund for my necessities.

I want to establish my Emergency Fund so that I can easily diversify my investment by 2016. I also have more financial goals that I want to achieve for the coming year so I have to be financially prepared.

6. Diversify my Investments. I want to invest another account but I am still researching where to. I just want to diversify my investments the soonest possible. My FAMI account will be on its first year this January 2015 and I know I want a new one on my account.

7. Earn More. I guess I haven't told you yet but I got two freelance writing job before November ends. It is  a very new job experience for me. i remember writing in my journal that I want to be a freelance writer and I ask God for clients and now they came!

Anyways I'm writing for a Korean Website, www.hiexpat.com and a Thai website www.dietexpresskitchen.com

For HiExpat I am part of the blogger contributors and for Diet Express Kitchen I am the main writer.

I'm very happy because for the first week of writing and I mainly wrote less than 5000 words for both website, I earned $40!!!

I am still in a lookout for more freelance writing gigs  and hopefully I can get my portfolio right. I love writing so much and I feel happy when I release these creative juices out of my mind.

8. More Balance between my Life and Work. I am glad that my personal posts on How do I balance Life and Work? and One Step Forward, Two Steps Back have made positive feedback from readers. It is always nice to open up a part of my life to you.

Balance is such a powerful word and I don't know how long I can balance my daily job to the many commitments I agree to do. However, I am positive that I have more time, I just don't know how to manage it.

I admit that I spend too much time on Social Media that I forget to do the important things and this is where I want to put an end with.

I want to achieve time management plus financial management for 2015.

9. Treat Myself More. I guess I've been too busy for the year 2014 that I forgot to give myself a little treat. i explained how much I want to travel and I feel like now that I have some extra money (through the freelance writing) I can possible make the travelling part of my goals for next year.

I want to be more active too and just to really achieve every plans that I have.

How about you, what’s your Money Resolution?!
1 comment on "My Money Resoutions"
  1. Tracking expenses is not really my thing. I tried it many times but it has not been successful.

    So this year, I decided to simply allocate the funds and that's it. I have to force myself to live with that amount. :-)

    ReplyDelete